The Benefits of Becoming a Flagler Museum Docent
- The pleasure of helping Visitors from around the world learn about this National Historic Landmark & Florida history
- The opportunity to continually expand your knowledge and appreciation of history
- Advance previews of new exhibits with the Chief Curator
- 10% off purchases from the Museum Store
- Opportunity to join trips led by the Education Director to area museums and other Gilded Age estates
- Docent meetings with the Executive Director four times per year
- Subscription to quarterly Museum Magazine Inside Whitehall.
- An invitation to the biennial Staff Recognition Dinner
Docents are needed in all areas of the Museum, and there are positions to match virtually every skill set. For more information download the Service Areas Descriptions.
Anyone interested in becoming a Museum Docent must complete the Docent Training Program that includes the application, interview process, and 8 to 12 weeks of classes. If you have further questions, please e-mail the Education Department or call (561) 655-2833.