Store & Tea Room Manager
The Flagler Museum is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join our team as the Museum Store and Tea Room Cafe Manager. The Museum Store and Cafe Manager is responsible for overseeing the operations of the Museum's store H. M. Flagler & Co. and the Railcar 91 Tea Room, ensuring a seamless and enjoyable experience for visitors. This role involves managing the store and cafe staff, developing and implementing marketing strategies, maintaining inventory, and ensuring high-quality customer service. Additionally, the Manager will play a key role in product development, including the creation of proprietary products, as well as managing a seasonal Tea Room Cafe.
- Staff Management:
- Recruit, train, and supervise the store and cafe staff, ensuring they provide excellent customer service.
- Develop work schedules and insure adequate staffing levels to meet operational needs.
- Conduct regular performance evaluations and provide coaching and feedback to staff.
- Operations Management:
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the store and cafe, including opening and closing procedures, cash handling, and inventory management.
- Develop and implement operational policies and procedures to enhance efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Insure compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Inventory Management:
- Manage inventory levels, including ordering, receiving, and organizing merchandise for the store.
- Collaborate with vendors to source unique and high-quality products that align with the museum's mission and appeal to visitors.
- Work closely with the museum's curatorial team to develop and promote merchandise related to current and upcoming exhibitions.
- Product Development:
- Identify opportunities for product development and the creation of proprietary products that reflect the museum's branding and themes.
- Collaborate with artists, designers, and vendors to bring these products to life, ensuring they meet quality standards and align with the museum's vision.
- Conduct market research to identify trends, customer preferences, and potential gaps in the market for the development of new products.
- Seasonal Tea Room Cafe:
- Manage the operations of a seasonal Tea Room Cafe, ensuring a high-quality dining experience for visitors.
- Develop menus that incorporate fresh, seasonal ingredients and align with the museum's aesthetic and theme.
- Work closely with the culinary team to create innovative and visually appealing food and beverage offerings.
- Collaborate with local suppliers to source high-quality ingredients for the Tea Room Cafe.
- Marketing and Sales:
- Develop and implement marketing strategies to promote the store, cafe, and Tea Room Cafe, increase sales, and attract new customers.
- Collaborate with the museum's marketing team to create promotional materials and campaigns.
- Monitor sales performance and analyze data to identify opportunities for growth and improvement.
- Customer Service:
- Insure a high level of customer service by training staff on effective customer engagement techniques.
- Handle customer inquiries, concerns, and complaints in a professional and timely manner.
- Continuously seek opportunities to enhance the visitor experience and exceed customer expectations.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, hospitality management, or a related field (preferred).
- Proven experience in retail or hospitality management, preferably in a museum, cafe, or similar setting.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in inventory management and point-of-sale systems.
- Knowledge of marketing principles and strategies.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Flexibility to work weekends, holidays, and evenings as required.
Qualified applicates should submit a cover letter and resumé.
- No phone calls, please.
- The Flagler Museum is a smoke-free environment and drug-free workplace. A comprehensive background check will be conducted prior to hire. The Flagler Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.