Assistant Museum Store and Café Manager
Full-time, salaried position. Tuesday - Saturday. Excellent benefits.
Under the direction of the Museum Store and Café Manager, the Assistant Manager serves as a leader to staff, instructing and executing daily operating functions of the Museum Store and Café (in-season). The Assistant Manager provides direct support to the Manager in the areas of customer service, staff management, inventory control and maintenance, receiving and placing orders, and merchandising. This position is designed for someone who is high energy, hard-working and self-motivated. The ideal candidate has retail experience, communicates effectively with others, enjoys working with the public, loves history, and demonstrates good business acumen.
- Monitor and implement the daily operations of the store and café(in-season)
- Ensure proper customer service and staff job tasks
- Oversee store opening and closing procedures, including cash handling & receipts
- Merchandising and visual display
- Regularly review sales reports
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports
- Keep track of inventory needs, floor stock levels, and place orders
- Receive and enter new inventory into POS system
- Set priorities, promote and achieve sales goals
- Work with staff to control shrinkage
- Annual inventory participation
- Food Safety Management Certification
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 1 year in professional retail environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Excel
- Positive Attitude
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs
The Flagler Museum has an opening for a part-time Greeter/Kiosk Attendant. Duties include selling program tickets and distributing interpretive materials. The Greeter/Kiosk Attendant reports to the Visitor Services Coordinator. The successful candidate will be dependable, detail-oriented, and excel at Customer Service. Weekend availability is a must. The Flagler Museum is a smoke-free environment and drug-free workplace. A complete background check will be conducted. The Flagler Museum is an equal opportunity employer. Please send a cover letter and resume to Mary Lam, P.O. Box 969, Palm Beach, FL 33480. No phone calls or hand-deliveries please.